VMC covid policy for the Hawaii Playshop and Mentor Training
- Arrive fully vaccinated and boosted: Complete two vaccines and have a booster shot within the last 5 months.
- Bring your vaccination card and show it when asked.
- Carry a supply of at least 4 to 5 rapid antigen tests.
- If you arrive on the island early we suggest you test
- the day you travel and
- two days after your arrival on the island of Oahu.
- VMC requires all participants to test:
- the day you arrive at camp and,
- two days after arriving at camp.
- Should you develop symptoms during your stay.
To reduce infection we advise participants to:
- Bring masks and wear them indoors.
- Maintain social distancing of 6 ft or more.
- Wash hands and sanitize frequently.
All Participants agree to testing:
- if you develop respiratory symptoms, headache, fever, fatigue.
- Following contact with somebody who tested positive—symptomatic or not.
If you test positive for Covid-19 you agree to immediately:
- wear an N-95 mask in public.
- Isolate from the group, even if you have no symptoms.
- Inform Diana Hull and Jim Boneau of your test status.
- VMC will assist your wellbeing, as best we can, as you follow isolation protocols.
We are attempting to retain an isolation room at camp. If an isolation room is available you may be able to remain onsite. Any additional costs incurred by the camp for covid-isolation are your responsibility.
- If no isolation room is available at Camp Mokuleia, then covid positive participants are responsible for securing offsite lodging and transportation at your own expense.
Release from Liability
- You agree to exempt VMC from all legal liability associated with illnesses, injuries, or accidents that may occur
- VMC dose not refund participants for financial losses due to covid, any other illnesses, injuries, or events that may impact you or disrupt the playshop and training.
- VMC bears no financial or personal liability for illnesses, injuries, accidents, or any other calamities such as weather, theft, or all conditions beyond VMC control that may impact your experience or our program delivery.
- You agree not to hold Village Music Circles liable for any losses, financial or otherwise, and to sign a liability waiver.
- All participants must purchase trip cancellation insurance.
- VMC does not provide refunds should our program be interrupted by illness, injury, environmental hazards, weather conditions, theft, politics, or any other condition beyond our control that may impact your ability to participate in the playshop/ training or our ability to complete the playshop/training.
- You must purchase trip insurance through your airline agent, credit card company, or a variety of international travel insurance companies: Check out: https://www.squaremouth.com
The best way to reduce hazards is by acknowledging and recognizing risks—then, establishing a plan to reduce harm. Through maintaining awareness of known risks we can plan to stay safe together.
Village Music Circles welcomes your participation and we anticipate an enjoyable and delightful experience for all. We look forward to safely coming together with you, our rhythm community, celebrating our 25th Hawaii Facilitators’ Playshop and Mentor Training.
See you all very soon!
Arthur Hull, Jim Boneau, Diana Hull
Village Music Circles™