Orff Music Education
Village Music Circles™ provides an interactive experiential approach to music education using the whole person in a community context. Orff teachers will discover a unique experience that achieves Orff music educational objectives and can be applied to all learner levels from pre-K through 12 and beyond.
Village Music Circles™ Communities in Rhythm experiences are designed to stimulate a non-competitive, natural response to rhythm. VMC’s community music making, drum circle music and rhythmical playshops create a natural sense of inclusion among the participants. A respect for diversity is developed and a profound experience of community building is achieved.
Orff defined the ideal music for children as, “never alone, but connected with movement, dance, and speech—not to be listened to, meaningful only in active participation.”
Orff Educators will discover fun-filled techniques to connect students through a musical process integrating rhythm, improvisation, melody, movement and communication.
Village Music Circles™ Trainings will teach you how to:
- Facilitate a rhythm-experience for a variety of populations and ages.
- Integrate rhythm, melody, and movement for creative self-expression.
- Use rhythm to demonstrates active listening and responding skills.
- Develop student rhythmical sensibilities and musical aesthetics.
- Utilize pitch, melody, tambor and rhytm to create a beautiful community song.
At the completion of this training Orff teachers will be able to:
- Improvise melodies, variations & accompaniments;
- Enhance student musicianship, focus, and concentration;
- Demonstrate motivational communication skills;
- Improve fine and gross motor skills;
- Guide students through community building process;
- Develop student self and group awareness;
- inspire connectedness through playing music together.