Hawaii Playshop Accommodations
CAMP MOKULEIA sits on the north shore of Oahu, only steps from the warm Hawaiian waters, where dolphins and sea turtles are spotted. The camp offers safe snorkeling and hiking through a tropical forest preserve. Camp Mokuleia is a rather rustic church camp in a remote area. The closest small town is 7 miles away. Accommodations range from camping and bunk-style cabins to shared lodge rooms. Lodge rooms are limited and offered on a first come first serve basis.
We cannot provide lodging for guests or family members who are not registered for the Playshop. These people will need to Camp or find alternative lodging nearby. Request info about nearby lodging, if interested.
Wireless internet is available inside the Lodge. A locked security closet is only available for participants who are camping and not staying in the Lodge. All Lodge room residents are responsible for any missing room items such as keys, towels, bedding, etc. You will be charged for items that are not found.
Three meals are served daily in the dining hall and include basic wholesome camp-style foods, featuring fresh local fruits, vegetables, salad bar, meat, with a vegetarian or vegan option upon request. Strict diets requiring specialty food items will be the responsibility of the participant. Participants should arrive with everything they will need for the week. However, one “town-run” may be made mid-week for supplies. A group kitchen with refrigerator and microwave is available in the lodge for your convenience.
The climate at Mokuleia is comfortable with a strong off-shore breeze. It rarely gets too hot. Rain showers occur suddenly and disappear just as quickly. Rainbows are abundant during the day and occasionally on a full-moon night. Sun protection is essential as our classes are held outside under the trees. Dress is relaxed and casual.
A beach-side campfire will be lit nightly where participants can enjoy late night drumming, dancing and singing.
We have people from all over the world who will come to join us on the north shore of the beautiful island of Oahu. We encourage you to register early and pay your deposit to secure your reservations.
Double Lodge Room — $1995
- Shared double room with 2 twin beds, dresser, small closet, bedside table,
- medium round table with 2 chairs, and an overhead fan
- Upstairs rooms with private bathroom; Downstairs rooms with shared bathroom
- Most rooms have large windows with ocean views
- Linens provided
Triple Lodge Room — $1895
- Share Lodge room (above) with 2 others
- Cot or roll-away bed only for third person
- Bathroom shared with room next door
- Linens provided
Tent Camping — $1695
- Camp site near beach and fire pit with drum circle
- Bring your own tent, cot or mat, and bedding
- Bathroom facilities nearby: Consists of 2 solar showers, 2 flushable toilets
- and 1 sink for the Men. The same but 2 sinks for the Women
- It’s a 5-minute walk across tent field to the dining hall and lodge